By Danny W. Scott DVM DACVD, William H. Miller Jr. VMD DACVD
Diagnose, deal with, and deal with equine pores and skin problems with the main accomplished reference to be had! With 900 full-color images, Equine Dermatology covers epidermis ailments starting from those who simply annoy the pony to others that intervene with the horse's skill to operate in driving, operating, or exhibit. Thorough assurance contains crucial fundamentals and useful diagnostic tools, treatments, and particular abnormalities and defects. The publication describes the constitution and serve as of the surface, and discusses issues together with bacterial, fungal, parasitic, viral, protozoal, allergic, immune-mediated, endocrine, metabolic, and dietary ailments. It additionally covers congenital and hereditary defects, pigmentation abnormalities, keratinization defects, environmental epidermis illnesses, and pores and skin tumors. Written by way of well known equine dermatologists Danny Scott and invoice Miller, this all-inclusive source covers the most recent dermatologic subject matters and the most recent therapies.
- Current, entire coverage comprises each recognized equine dermatosis.
- An emphasis on differential diagnosis comprises key differentials and breed predilections for every illness, specifically priceless in case you have just a specimen and an incomplete historical past to paintings with.
- A constant format makes it effortless to find info on every one epidermis sickness, together with a medical description, its reason and pathogenesis, scientific positive aspects, medical administration, analysis, remedy, and any zoonotic aspects.
- Expert authors Danny W. Scott, DVM, and William H. Miller, Jr., VMD, supply years of data, adventure, and their enormous picture collections.
- Diagnostic tables in every one chapter supply a short reference for settling on lesions and disorders.
- An vast record of references on the finish of every bankruptcy contains concepts for extra analyzing.
- New assurance of dermatologic conditions comprises the newest subject matters and rising issues similar to persistent innovative lymphedema, herpesvirus-2-associated dermatitis, salmonella-associated dermatoses, and nodular auricular chondropathy.
- Updated Diagnostic Methods chapter covers a number of tools of constructing a differential analysis checklist in keeping with breed, lesion style, styles, and location.
- A concentrate on universal scientific problems highlights the stipulations probably to be obvious in perform.
- Almost 1,000 full-color photographs of epidermis disorders make it effortless to tell apart medical features and adaptations of standard and irregular for exact prognosis and therapy.
Read or Download Equine Dermatology, 2e PDF
Best dermatology books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference ebook. It supplies an entire scientific dictionary overlaying hundreds and hundreds of phrases and expressions in terms of lichen planus. It additionally supplies vast lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on how you can replace their wisdom utilizing a number of web assets.
Le Dictionnaire des allerg? nes de touch est destin? ? tous ceux qui souhaitent se familiariser avec les buildings des produits chimiques impliqu? s dans l. a. dermatite de touch. Le lecteur trouvera dans cet ouvrage une description de toutes les mol? cules, leur nom relevant de class et les principaux synonymes, le num?
Fresh development within the fields of pharmacology and immunology has supplied us with new chances for treating dermatological illnesses. This ebook studies an important immunosuppressive and immunostimulatory medicines and provides necessary, useful info at the remedy of varied dermatoses, together with autoimmundiseases, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vasculitis, touch dermatitis, pyoderma gangrenosum, infectious ailments, and neoplasms of the outside - particularly, malignant cancer.
- Advanced Techniques in Dermatologic Surgery
- Therapeutic Uses of Botulinum Toxin
- Skin Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Scabies - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- ABC of Dermatology
Extra resources for Equine Dermatology, 2e
44. Jadassohn J: Handbuch der Haut und Geschlechtskrankheiten I. Normale und pathologische Anatomie der Haut, Berlin, 1968, Springer-Verlag. 45. Jenkinson DM: The skin of domestic animals. In Rook AJ Walton GS editors: Comparative physiology and pathology of the skin, Oxford, UK, 1965, Blackwell Scientific Publications, p 591. 46. Jenkinson DM, Blackburn PS: The distribution of nerves, monoamine oxidase, and cholinesterase in the skin of the horse, Res Vet Sci 9:165, 1968. 47. Jenkinson DM: Sweat and sebaceous glands and their function in domestic animals.
34,36 The dermal hair papilla is continuous with the dermal connective tissue and is covered by a thin continuation of the basement membrane (see Figs. 19,30 The inner root sheath and hair grow from a layer of plump, nucleated epithelial cells that cover the papilla. These cells regularly show mitosis and are called the hair matrix (see Figs. 1-21 and 1-24). 30,34,36 24 EQUINE DERMATOLOGY Figure 1-25 Figure 1-24 Sinus hair follicle (arrow). Anagen hair follicle. Note trichohyalin granules (arrow).
This is mostly a result of changes in the amount of extracellular matrix within the papilla. In the anagen hair follicle, dermal papilla volume is proportional to the volume of the hair. 92,107 These structures represent multiple corrugations of the inner root sheath, which project into the pilar canal immediately below the sebaceous duct opening. These folds are artifacts of fixation and processing. 82,92,107,118 These hairs are thick, stiff, and tapered distally. Sinus hairs are characterized by an endothelium-lined blood sinus interposed between the external root sheath of the follicle and an outer connective tissue capsule (Fig.
Equine Dermatology, 2e by Danny W. Scott DVM DACVD, William H. Miller Jr. VMD DACVD